A favorite quote:

Make play a high priority in your life for if you die tomorrow no one can play for you, but someone can and will do your work for you!!!" Ken Beebe (Dr. Play)

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I thought I killed her…

… I was sleeping downstairs on the sofa because my cold has me coughing violently most of the night and it keeps Andrew and Traci up and then we are ALL grumpy in the morning. So when I go down to sleep on the sofa, I let the donks sleep with me. I look at it as bit of a treat for them and they keep me warm too!

Rizzo’s thing is she needs to be as close as she can get to me, while Kenickie is content to lay on my legs.

Last night I woke up in a panic. Now here’s where it gets weird. I have no Idea if this actually happened or if I dreamed it or if it was parts of both.

I woke up in a panic because I was laying ON TOP of Rizzo and she had suffocated. I sat upright and grabbed her up. She was stiff as a board, and I just shook her. She came to and just sort of looked at me like, ‘what the heck are you doing to me?’ I checked her over, did a few tests to make sure she wasn’t brain damaged, and being confident that she was ok, I got up and got myself a drink of water and tried to calm my heart rate down. During this ordeal, the thought that kept going through my mind was, ‘how would've I told Traci that I killed Rizzo?, she’s going to kill me!’

IMG_0464

Did that really happen? I haven’t a clue… She may have been sleeping very soundly and didn’t wake up right away when I scooped her up, or maybe I dreamed the part up to the point where I was shaking her. What a weird night. It’s the first night I took Neo-Citron instead of Nyquil, if that means anything.

It’s not the first time we had an apparent scare with the donks. When Kenickie was younger he took on a morsel of food that was MUCH to big for him and he stopped breathing and fell over. He was choking. I grabbed him up and performed Pug style Heimlich and out popped the food, and the ordeal was all over. He never thanked me, just went on about his day like nothing happened.

Anyway, we still have 2 pugs and I am happy I didn’t have to break the bad news to Traci. Phew. CIMG3832

No comments: