A favorite quote:

Make play a high priority in your life for if you die tomorrow no one can play for you, but someone can and will do your work for you!!!" Ken Beebe (Dr. Play)

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

oh bananas…

… It’s kind of the husband code. When you think you are doing something good, it’s actually not good.

I tidied the kitchen up. It was that simple. Then Traci and Andrew came home and Traci was talking quite excitedly about using a recipe of my Granni’s. She said it would turn out better than last time. My husband alarm sort of went off, but I was hoping she was thinking about baking something else. I thought to myself for a minute before I asked “what are you going to bake?” she says “banana bread”

Um. oh shoot… “I threw away the bananas”

Well, that is pretty much it for me tonight, I will be trying to make it up for the evening, while trying to avoid the ol’ stink eye. I wonder if it’s worth the effort to try to do good some days. We are just not engineered to make those sort of decisions, I guess.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're a goon! Yes, I was disappointed, but its just banana's! Btw...my banana bread turned out fine last time, I was making a banana cake this time...

Lovingly Signed,
You know who