I feel pretty good about it. While I didn’t make my goal time, the time I got was really good considering my lack of training this summer. Why was it a good race?
- The shirt.
- I had a plan to run hard, for each 2.5km segment of the race and take a short walk break to have a drink of water. I did that.
- #2 is significant because I usually walk (unscheduled) a couple times in the last 2km as I am tired and sucking wind. While I was tired and sucking wind, my thought was… “Steven doesn’t get to walk even a meter of his race, so I think I can manage to run this lil’ ol thing here to the finish.
- I felt like puking at the finish but didn’t.
- I got to see my son twice on course, AND just after I finished.
- I got to see my wife twice on course, AND just after I finished.
- I got to see my parents twice on course, AND just after I finished.
- My Time of 55:40 was 4 minutes faster than my previous summer best time!
- I got to walk to the start line from the campground, AND walk back from the finish with my beautiful wife. Andrew went back with Poppop and Nan in the car. (Nan is the name Andrew finally chose for Gramma.)
And a couple more action shots… the first one is getting ready to exchange the best High Five ever! I also like the last one because my calf muscle looks rippley… LOL
After the race it was back to the camper for Hotdogs and Beans! I think that this meal may qualify for the best post race meal EVER! AND we are still camping. At least until this afternoon. cool. Also, it’s 1 month until we leave for the Big 1/2 marathon race in Kelowna! 6 nights of camping for that one!