A favorite quote:

Make play a high priority in your life for if you die tomorrow no one can play for you, but someone can and will do your work for you!!!" Ken Beebe (Dr. Play)

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Dad is sad…

8:30 am. Traci and Andrew just got settled into their seats on the plane. I asked Traci to call me when they got boarded. They are off to Granny and Pappy’s place in Greensboro Pennsylvania until Tuesday.

Andrew was up at 5am, which is about 2-3 hours early, but was a trooper. He must have known Traci was on her own with him once I left them at security, because when they got through security he didn’t want to be held anymore, he wanted to walk holding her hand. It made it WAY easier for Traci getting to the gate.

Apparently as they were boarding he was waving and saying ‘bye’ to everyone. Once on board he couldn’t wait until he got into his car seat. He is sitting there with his bottle, his soother, and his blanket. I am pretty sure he will sleep most of the plane ride to Chicago. He will get a treat once he gets there as Traci is going to flag down one of the golf carts to get them to the next gate. It is quite a distance to walk as they change terminals there. they get into Pittsburgh about 4pm local time and it is an hours drive to G&P’s house. I am happy for her that she gets to make this trip, but am quite sad as this will be the first time I have not been home with Andrew to put him to bed since he was born (almost 2 years!). It had to happen sooner or later, and as much as I am looking forward to the focused time at work and a game of golf on Saturday, I would trade it all right now to be with my boy.

I miss you little man, see you Tuesday, you can bet I’ll be early to the Airport to pick you and Mom up!

No comments: