A favorite quote:

Make play a high priority in your life for if you die tomorrow no one can play for you, but someone can and will do your work for you!!!" Ken Beebe (Dr. Play)

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Ghost story…

…I am solo camping and I thought I saw something outside. I looked out the window but there was nothing. then I heard something… Like a whisper… was it the wind? no there is no wind. The leaves on the trees are perfectly still tonight. I look again and I don’t see anything but… I feel something. It is strange… like a whisper in my ear, but for my eyes. I can’t really make out what my eyes are hearing. That doesn’t make any sense to me, but it is what I am feeling. Maybe it’s the solitude, but it can’t be - there are people all around me here, but I don’t know any of them. My senses are on high alert now, I am tingling, The dogs are sleeping. If there was something there they would see it, wouldn’t they? There it is again… I saw it this time. By the fire. I grab my camera and start shooting. Then. nothing. it’s gone. I can tell because the hair on my neck has laid down. It’s not cold but I shiver. The tension goes away from my shoulders and I feel relived for some reason, like I was just given good news, like I was being hugged. Maybe that’s it. Maybe its just that I miss my wife and I miss my son. They will be home on Tuesday. I’ll feel better then. It was a longing that I was feeling. That’s all. Let’s check the camera anyway…

Huh… IMG_5499

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy Crap! You should get that into a show if some kind - creepy. I would be packed up and on my way home.

Tumbleweed Dee said...

I wanna be with you when we go camping. That's amazing how you can tell stories, true???? ummmmmm