A favorite quote:

Make play a high priority in your life for if you die tomorrow no one can play for you, but someone can and will do your work for you!!!" Ken Beebe (Dr. Play)

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Closing the circle...

On our journeys I always note where we are closing the circle. Something as simple as driving to the store one way and coming back another, and the moment we cross our own previous path we have closed the circle. Some Journeys take longer than others to close the circle.

We are driving towards Princeton on Sept 1, and we happen across the campground we stayed at on the first night of our honeymoon. Instead of continuing our journey eastward on that occasion as planned, we had to double back to Princeton as my truck broke down and we had to go back and fix it. We then took an entirely different route from Princeton up to Prince George. As we drive toward the campground the significance is not lost on us that we are closing a circle that was opened 11 years, 2 months, and 7 days earlier. That was the longest enduring open circle in Traci and my history. The coolest thing is, it has opened an entirely new circle for Andrew.

1 comment:

Nan said...

I must tell you Neil.. I think that your comment about 'Closing the circle.." is one of the most profound things I have ever read!! You amaze me my darling son.. with your wisdom... and your wisdom!!!
Thank You for sharing this delightful image.
Love Mom